Orissa: 15 held in concerted raids
Rourkela: At least 15 persons were
arrested during joint raids by forest officials and police from different places in Odisha`s Sundargarh district for
various offences, police said Wednesday.
Seven persons, allegedly involved in illegal smuggling of valuable wood from neighbouring Jharkhand to the steel city, were apprehended during the raids conducted last night.
The valuable wood of teak and saal totaling 57 pieces
worth about Rs 70,000 were seized during the raid near
Jhirpani area on the outskirts of the city.
Six others were apprehended by GRP police and 145
litre of country liquor and 19 bottles of foreign liquor were
seized from their possession while they were smuggling the
liquor in trains.
Two others were arrested by Brahmanitarang police and
four quintals of iron scraps seized from their possession
in Vedvyas area.
All the 15 accused were today produced before a court
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened