Orissa: 15 held in concerted raids
Rourkela: At least 15 persons were
arrested during joint raids by forest officials and police from different places in Odisha`s Sundargarh district for
various offences, police said Wednesday.
Seven persons, allegedly involved in illegal smuggling of valuable wood from neighbouring Jharkhand to the steel city, were apprehended during the raids conducted last night.
The valuable wood of teak and saal totaling 57 pieces
worth about Rs 70,000 were seized during the raid near
Jhirpani area on the outskirts of the city.
Six others were apprehended by GRP police and 145
litre of country liquor and 19 bottles of foreign liquor were
seized from their possession while they were smuggling the
liquor in trains.
Two others were arrested by Brahmanitarang police and
four quintals of iron scraps seized from their possession
in Vedvyas area.
All the 15 accused were today produced before a court
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said