Orissa: 15 held in concerted raids
Rourkela: At least 15 persons were
arrested during joint raids by forest officials and police from different places in Odisha`s Sundargarh district for
various offences, police said Wednesday.
Seven persons, allegedly involved in illegal smuggling of valuable wood from neighbouring Jharkhand to the steel city, were apprehended during the raids conducted last night.
The valuable wood of teak and saal totaling 57 pieces
worth about Rs 70,000 were seized during the raid near
Jhirpani area on the outskirts of the city.
Six others were apprehended by GRP police and 145
litre of country liquor and 19 bottles of foreign liquor were
seized from their possession while they were smuggling the
liquor in trains.
Two others were arrested by Brahmanitarang police and
four quintals of iron scraps seized from their possession
in Vedvyas area.
All the 15 accused were today produced before a court
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets