Orissa: 8 tourists from WB killed in road accident
Balasore: Eight tourists from West
Bengal including two women were killed when the jeep in which
they were travelling rammed into a static truck in Orissa`s
Balasore district on Sunday, police said.
The mishap took place when the vehicle dashed against the
truck from behind on NH-5 near Kupura square under Simulia
police station, about 42 km from here, they said.
The impact of the collision was so severe that all the
eight occupants including the driver of the vehicle died on
the spot, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Balasore Sadar),
Kailash Chandra Parida said.
"Seven of deceased were employees of Dr Bidhan Chandra
Roy Medical Hospital at Haldia in West Bengal`s East Midnapore
district. They were going to Puri," Parida said.
The bodies were identified after a team from the Haldia
hospital reached the hospital at Soro, he said.
The victims were identified as Rupa Ghose (45), Chief
executive officer (CEO), Nira Dutta Roy (52), matron of the
Hospital, Saptarsi Mandal, Subhra Sil, Rahul Chaterjee,
Abhisek Misra and Subhamoy Karan, all employees of the
hospital, and the jeep driver S Salim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal