Orissa Assembly adjourned twice
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Assembly was adjourned
twice on Monday amid uproar as opposition Congress stormed into
the well alleging a "fixing" during the Question hour by the
As the House assembled for the day, Speaker Pradip Amat
called out the name of BJD MLA Khageswar Behera for the first
question relating to Home department and meant to be replied
by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Though the chief minister was present, Behera was yet to
enter into the House, prompting Congress MLAs to allege that
he deliberately avoided entering despite being present in the
Assembly building as part of a "fixing" by the ruling BJD.
As the Speaker moved to the next question, Congress
members trooped into the well alleging a deliberate move by
BJD to skip the first question which would have led to a
discussion on Naxal problem.
Shouting slogans, Congress legislators threw a chair into
Speaker`s podium and snatched papers from his table demanding
declaration of Kalahandi as drought affected district.
As unruly scenes prevailed, Speaker adjourned the House
till 12 noon after which members discussed law and order
problem. Opposition Congress voiced concern over security of
MLAs citing the killing of legislator Jagabandhu Majhi in
Nabarangpur district on September 24.
House was again adjourned till 3 pm following pandemonium
over the issue as Congress members again stormed into the
Later outside the House, Behera said he went due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH