Orissa Assembly adjourned twice
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Assembly was adjourned
twice on Monday amid uproar as opposition Congress stormed into
the well alleging a "fixing" during the Question hour by the
As the House assembled for the day, Speaker Pradip Amat
called out the name of BJD MLA Khageswar Behera for the first
question relating to Home department and meant to be replied
by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Though the chief minister was present, Behera was yet to
enter into the House, prompting Congress MLAs to allege that
he deliberately avoided entering despite being present in the
Assembly building as part of a "fixing" by the ruling BJD.
As the Speaker moved to the next question, Congress
members trooped into the well alleging a deliberate move by
BJD to skip the first question which would have led to a
discussion on Naxal problem.
Shouting slogans, Congress legislators threw a chair into
Speaker`s podium and snatched papers from his table demanding
declaration of Kalahandi as drought affected district.
As unruly scenes prevailed, Speaker adjourned the House
till 12 noon after which members discussed law and order
problem. Opposition Congress voiced concern over security of
MLAs citing the killing of legislator Jagabandhu Majhi in
Nabarangpur district on September 24.
House was again adjourned till 3 pm following pandemonium
over the issue as Congress members again stormed into the
Later outside the House, Behera said he went due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video