Orissa: BJD padaytra, Cong `dharnas` on Oct 02
Bhubaneswar: Ruling BJD took out
`padaytras` across Orissa, while workers of main opposition
Congress held state-wide dharnas on the occasion of birth
anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on Sunday.
A large number of party workers in the state capital
took part in BJD`s `padyatra` programme and is slated to
continue till October 11, coinciding with the birth
anniversary of Jai Prakash Narayan.
Chief Minister and BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik said the
party has organised the state-wide padyatra starting from
`Gandhi jayanti` day like every year.
Opposition Congress on the other hand organised
`dharnas` in all districts of the state with party leaders
alleging largescale corruption and misgovernance during the
State Congress President Niranjan Patnaik said the
`dharna` programme was aimed at making people aware of alleged
failure on the part of the BJD government in handling the
flood situation in the state.
The party also accused the Naveen Patnaik government
of failing to undertake proper relief and restoration operation
in the flood-hit areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert