Orissa boat mishap: All 7 bodies fished out
Koraput (Orissa): Two days after boat
capsized in a water reservoir Orissa`s Koraput district, the
bodies of all seven missing persons have been found after the
remaining two bodies were fished out on Tuesday, police said.
While five bodies had been found during rescue and
search operations yesterday, the two remaining bodies were
fished out of Kolab reservoir in Lamptaput block area, about
60 km from here today, they said.
Search and rescue operations undertaken by personnel
of Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) and fire brigade
to trace the missing persons had been suspended after sunset
yesterday due to inadequate light.
Local fishermen and volunteers had also joined the
Five of the deceased were identified as Padma Khillo,
Brunda Khillo, Mukta Pujari, Budri Pujari and Brunda Pujari,
while efforts were on to identify two others.
A country boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput
village was on its way to Jolahonjar when it lost balance and
capsized in the reservoir, they said.
Five persons, including two women, swam to safety
after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’