Orissa boat mishap: All 7 bodies fished out
Koraput (Orissa): Two days after boat
capsized in a water reservoir Orissa`s Koraput district, the
bodies of all seven missing persons have been found after the
remaining two bodies were fished out on Tuesday, police said.
While five bodies had been found during rescue and
search operations yesterday, the two remaining bodies were
fished out of Kolab reservoir in Lamptaput block area, about
60 km from here today, they said.
Search and rescue operations undertaken by personnel
of Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) and fire brigade
to trace the missing persons had been suspended after sunset
yesterday due to inadequate light.
Local fishermen and volunteers had also joined the
Five of the deceased were identified as Padma Khillo,
Brunda Khillo, Mukta Pujari, Budri Pujari and Brunda Pujari,
while efforts were on to identify two others.
A country boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput
village was on its way to Jolahonjar when it lost balance and
capsized in the reservoir, they said.
Five persons, including two women, swam to safety
after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know