Orissa boat mishap: All 7 bodies fished out
Koraput (Orissa): Two days after boat
capsized in a water reservoir Orissa`s Koraput district, the
bodies of all seven missing persons have been found after the
remaining two bodies were fished out on Tuesday, police said.
While five bodies had been found during rescue and
search operations yesterday, the two remaining bodies were
fished out of Kolab reservoir in Lamptaput block area, about
60 km from here today, they said.
Search and rescue operations undertaken by personnel
of Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) and fire brigade
to trace the missing persons had been suspended after sunset
yesterday due to inadequate light.
Local fishermen and volunteers had also joined the
Five of the deceased were identified as Padma Khillo,
Brunda Khillo, Mukta Pujari, Budri Pujari and Brunda Pujari,
while efforts were on to identify two others.
A country boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput
village was on its way to Jolahonjar when it lost balance and
capsized in the reservoir, they said.
Five persons, including two women, swam to safety
after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss