Orissa boat mishap: All 7 bodies fished out
Koraput (Orissa): Two days after boat
capsized in a water reservoir Orissa`s Koraput district, the
bodies of all seven missing persons have been found after the
remaining two bodies were fished out on Tuesday, police said.
While five bodies had been found during rescue and
search operations yesterday, the two remaining bodies were
fished out of Kolab reservoir in Lamptaput block area, about
60 km from here today, they said.
Search and rescue operations undertaken by personnel
of Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) and fire brigade
to trace the missing persons had been suspended after sunset
yesterday due to inadequate light.
Local fishermen and volunteers had also joined the
Five of the deceased were identified as Padma Khillo,
Brunda Khillo, Mukta Pujari, Budri Pujari and Brunda Pujari,
while efforts were on to identify two others.
A country boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput
village was on its way to Jolahonjar when it lost balance and
capsized in the reservoir, they said.
Five persons, including two women, swam to safety
after the incident.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress
- Ramdev sees 'Indianess' in Priyanka, finds Sonia a 'staunch Catholic'; wants Rahul to be strong
- Who were four Indian Prime Ministers who addressed US Congress before Modi
- Efforts on to revive dying Hindon river: Uma Bharti
- Severe heat wave warning in coastal Odisha