Orissa boat mishap: All 7 bodies fished out
Koraput (Orissa): Two days after boat
capsized in a water reservoir Orissa`s Koraput district, the
bodies of all seven missing persons have been found after the
remaining two bodies were fished out on Tuesday, police said.
While five bodies had been found during rescue and
search operations yesterday, the two remaining bodies were
fished out of Kolab reservoir in Lamptaput block area, about
60 km from here today, they said.
Search and rescue operations undertaken by personnel
of Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) and fire brigade
to trace the missing persons had been suspended after sunset
yesterday due to inadequate light.
Local fishermen and volunteers had also joined the
Five of the deceased were identified as Padma Khillo,
Brunda Khillo, Mukta Pujari, Budri Pujari and Brunda Pujari,
while efforts were on to identify two others.
A country boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput
village was on its way to Jolahonjar when it lost balance and
capsized in the reservoir, they said.
Five persons, including two women, swam to safety
after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet