Orissa boat mishap: One body fished out, six still missing
Koraput: A day after seven people
were feared drowned in a water reservoir in Orissa`s Koraput
district, the body of a woman was fished out on Monday while six
others remained missing, police said.
As rescue and search operation resumed this morning,
the body of a woman was fished out of Kolab reservoir in
Lamptaput block area, about 60 km from here.
Efforts were on to establish the identity of the
The operation was in full swing by the personnel of
Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force and fire brigade, as well as
local fishermen and volunteers to trace the missing persons -
four women and two children, sources said.
Search and rescue operation had been suspended after
sunset yesterday due to darkness.
A country boat carrying 12 persons from Pujariput
village was on its way to Jolahonjar when it lost balance and
capsized in the reservoir, they said.
Five persons, including two women, swam to safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family