Orissa boat mishap: One body fished out, six still missing
Koraput: A day after seven people
were feared drowned in a water reservoir in Orissa`s Koraput
district, the body of a woman was fished out on Monday while six
others remained missing, police said.
As rescue and search operation resumed this morning,
the body of a woman was fished out of Kolab reservoir in
Lamptaput block area, about 60 km from here.
Efforts were on to establish the identity of the
The operation was in full swing by the personnel of
Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force and fire brigade, as well as
local fishermen and volunteers to trace the missing persons -
four women and two children, sources said.
Search and rescue operation had been suspended after
sunset yesterday due to darkness.
A country boat carrying 12 persons from Pujariput
village was on its way to Jolahonjar when it lost balance and
capsized in the reservoir, they said.
Five persons, including two women, swam to safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?