Orissa CM gets hate mail from newly formed central varsity
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has received some vicious mail from the newly-formed central University of Koraput`s official email account, university sources said.
The mail was sent on Monday after the official id of the university`s Vice Chancellor Surabhi Banerjee was hacked.
"Someone has hacked the official id of the university and sent some vicious mail to different people including the Chief Minister. This is shocking," said Banerjee.
Four emails were sent to the Chief Minister by using the Vice-Chancellor`s official id. The university authorities have complained to the police.
"I have already complained to the police about the foul play and furnished all the documents to the police in this regard," she added.
The police are probing the incident.
Naveen Patnaik`s office had received threatening mail ahead of Republic Day warning of dire consequences if Subhashree, the wife of wanted Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, was not released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly