Orissa CM promises tough action in Dalit rape case
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief minister Naveen
Patnaik on Tuesday said "extremely strong" action will be taken
against those found guilty in the alleged rape of a Dalit girl
at Pipili in Puri district.
"I can assure you all that very stringent and extremely
strong action will be taken in this matter," he told reporters
on his return to the state capital after a five-day visit to
Asked whether he would take action against Agriculture
Minister Pradeep Maharathy who had been accused of giving
shelter to the accused, Patnaik said, "It is already late
evening. I have just returned from Delhi. I will look into the
matter in detail tomorrow."
Terming the incident as "unfortunate", Patnaik said the
state`s health department had been making effort to send the
young lady to AIIMS, Delhi for further treatment.
Consultations with the parents of the 19-year-old girl
were on, he said.
Noting that some persons have already been arrested in
this connection, the chief minister said he had ordered a
judicial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested