Orissa CM promises tough action in Dalit rape case
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief minister Naveen
Patnaik on Tuesday said "extremely strong" action will be taken
against those found guilty in the alleged rape of a Dalit girl
at Pipili in Puri district.
"I can assure you all that very stringent and extremely
strong action will be taken in this matter," he told reporters
on his return to the state capital after a five-day visit to
Asked whether he would take action against Agriculture
Minister Pradeep Maharathy who had been accused of giving
shelter to the accused, Patnaik said, "It is already late
evening. I have just returned from Delhi. I will look into the
matter in detail tomorrow."
Terming the incident as "unfortunate", Patnaik said the
state`s health department had been making effort to send the
young lady to AIIMS, Delhi for further treatment.
Consultations with the parents of the 19-year-old girl
were on, he said.
Noting that some persons have already been arrested in
this connection, the chief minister said he had ordered a
judicial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?