Orissa CM promises tough action in Dalit rape case
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief minister Naveen
Patnaik on Tuesday said "extremely strong" action will be taken
against those found guilty in the alleged rape of a Dalit girl
at Pipili in Puri district.
"I can assure you all that very stringent and extremely
strong action will be taken in this matter," he told reporters
on his return to the state capital after a five-day visit to
Asked whether he would take action against Agriculture
Minister Pradeep Maharathy who had been accused of giving
shelter to the accused, Patnaik said, "It is already late
evening. I have just returned from Delhi. I will look into the
matter in detail tomorrow."
Terming the incident as "unfortunate", Patnaik said the
state`s health department had been making effort to send the
young lady to AIIMS, Delhi for further treatment.
Consultations with the parents of the 19-year-old girl
were on, he said.
Noting that some persons have already been arrested in
this connection, the chief minister said he had ordered a
judicial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read