Orissa CM`s schemes aim for polls: Opposition
Bhubaneswar: The opposition parties in Orissa Saturday accused Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of launching schemes for "preparing ground" for the local bodies` polls, just a few months away.
"He (Naveen) is preparing ground for his party for the ensuing local bodies` polls with these schemes," Bharatiya Janata Party state unit president Jual Oram told agency.
"There is no doubt the chief minister has launched these schemes to cover up the government`s misdeeds," said state unit president of the Congress party Niranjan Patnaik.
Naveen launched the `Bicycle` scheme Friday under which girls of any caste and the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes male students reading in Class 10 will receive Rs.2,600 to buy a bicycle. At least three lakh students will benefit from the scheme.
Naveen Oct 19 launched the `Mamata` scheme, under which pregnant women will be given Rs.5,000 each as cash in four instalments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?