Orissa: Criminals posing as Maoists arrested
Malkangiri (Orissa): Twelve people were
arrested on Thursday for allegedly posing as Maoists and indulging
in extortion and loot in Orissa`s naxal-infested Malkangiri
district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided a hideout of
the gang in a hilly area in Korkunda area, about 15 km from
here and arrested them as they were trying to run away, Deputy
Superintendent of Police U S Dash said.
A pistol, two swords, some looted gold ornaments, masks
and tools used in robbery were recovered from the criminals,
who were planning a major dacoity, he said.
The twelve miscreants were active in Mathili, Balimela
and Korkunda areas and indulged in extortion and loot posing
as Maoists, Dash said.
Some more members of the gang are likely to be
arrested and investigation was on, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!