Orissa: Criminals posing as Maoists arrested
Malkangiri (Orissa): Twelve people were
arrested on Thursday for allegedly posing as Maoists and indulging
in extortion and loot in Orissa`s naxal-infested Malkangiri
district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided a hideout of
the gang in a hilly area in Korkunda area, about 15 km from
here and arrested them as they were trying to run away, Deputy
Superintendent of Police U S Dash said.
A pistol, two swords, some looted gold ornaments, masks
and tools used in robbery were recovered from the criminals,
who were planning a major dacoity, he said.
The twelve miscreants were active in Mathili, Balimela
and Korkunda areas and indulged in extortion and loot posing
as Maoists, Dash said.
Some more members of the gang are likely to be
arrested and investigation was on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble