Orissa: Criminals posing as Maoists arrested
Malkangiri (Orissa): Twelve people were
arrested on Thursday for allegedly posing as Maoists and indulging
in extortion and loot in Orissa`s naxal-infested Malkangiri
district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided a hideout of
the gang in a hilly area in Korkunda area, about 15 km from
here and arrested them as they were trying to run away, Deputy
Superintendent of Police U S Dash said.
A pistol, two swords, some looted gold ornaments, masks
and tools used in robbery were recovered from the criminals,
who were planning a major dacoity, he said.
The twelve miscreants were active in Mathili, Balimela
and Korkunda areas and indulged in extortion and loot posing
as Maoists, Dash said.
Some more members of the gang are likely to be
arrested and investigation was on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you