Orissa: Dacoity foiled, inter-state gang busted
Rourkela: An inter-state dacoit gang was
busted with the arrest of seven dacoits from a lodge in
Uditnagar, police said on Saturday.
Gang leader Sanjiv Kumar and other members were picked
up yesterday from the lodge where they were staying with plans
to carry out robberies in the civil township area and loot
trucks on highways, they said.
The gang members belong to neighbouring Jharkhand.
However, police is yet to nab their local contacts.
One loaded pistol, a sharp weapon and a car and seven
mobile phones were seized from them.
The arrested were produced before a local court which
remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage