Orissa: Dacoity foiled, inter-state gang busted
Rourkela: An inter-state dacoit gang was
busted with the arrest of seven dacoits from a lodge in
Uditnagar, police said on Saturday.
Gang leader Sanjiv Kumar and other members were picked
up yesterday from the lodge where they were staying with plans
to carry out robberies in the civil township area and loot
trucks on highways, they said.
The gang members belong to neighbouring Jharkhand.
However, police is yet to nab their local contacts.
One loaded pistol, a sharp weapon and a car and seven
mobile phones were seized from them.
The arrested were produced before a local court which
remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands