Orissa: Dacoity foiled, inter-state gang busted
Rourkela: An inter-state dacoit gang was
busted with the arrest of seven dacoits from a lodge in
Uditnagar, police said on Saturday.
Gang leader Sanjiv Kumar and other members were picked
up yesterday from the lodge where they were staying with plans
to carry out robberies in the civil township area and loot
trucks on highways, they said.
The gang members belong to neighbouring Jharkhand.
However, police is yet to nab their local contacts.
One loaded pistol, a sharp weapon and a car and seven
mobile phones were seized from them.
The arrested were produced before a local court which
remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May