Orissa: Dacoity foiled, inter-state gang busted
Rourkela: An inter-state dacoit gang was
busted with the arrest of seven dacoits from a lodge in
Uditnagar, police said on Saturday.
Gang leader Sanjiv Kumar and other members were picked
up yesterday from the lodge where they were staying with plans
to carry out robberies in the civil township area and loot
trucks on highways, they said.
The gang members belong to neighbouring Jharkhand.
However, police is yet to nab their local contacts.
One loaded pistol, a sharp weapon and a car and seven
mobile phones were seized from them.
The arrested were produced before a local court which
remanded them to jail custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!