Orissa: Explosives seized from Maoist camp
Keonjhar: A huge quantity of
explosive materials has been seized from a Maoist camp inside
a jungle during a raid by security personnel in Orissa`s
Keonjhar district, police said on Sunday.
CRPF jawans, local police and district voluntary force
(DVF) raided the Maoist camp at Bali Hills last night
following a tip-off and seized the explosive materials and
The security personnel, however, failed to nab any of
the ultras as they fled under the cover of darkness, leaving
their belongings behind.
"This is the biggest haul from any Maoist camp in the
district," Keonjhar superintendent of police Asish Singh told
reporters adding the security personnel had to defuse some
land mines in order to reach the Maoist camp, the SP said.
The ultras having links with Maoist leader Sushil had
put up the camp to train their cadre inside jungles of
Keonjhar district, he said.
The seized materials included one GPS (global
positioning system) set, 72 detonators and several gelatin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video