Orissa: Explosives seized from Maoist camp
Keonjhar: A huge quantity of
explosive materials has been seized from a Maoist camp inside
a jungle during a raid by security personnel in Orissa`s
Keonjhar district, police said on Sunday.
CRPF jawans, local police and district voluntary force
(DVF) raided the Maoist camp at Bali Hills last night
following a tip-off and seized the explosive materials and
The security personnel, however, failed to nab any of
the ultras as they fled under the cover of darkness, leaving
their belongings behind.
"This is the biggest haul from any Maoist camp in the
district," Keonjhar superintendent of police Asish Singh told
reporters adding the security personnel had to defuse some
land mines in order to reach the Maoist camp, the SP said.
The ultras having links with Maoist leader Sushil had
put up the camp to train their cadre inside jungles of
Keonjhar district, he said.
The seized materials included one GPS (global
positioning system) set, 72 detonators and several gelatin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown