Orissa: Explosives seized from Maoist camp
Keonjhar: A huge quantity of
explosive materials has been seized from a Maoist camp inside
a jungle during a raid by security personnel in Orissa`s
Keonjhar district, police said on Sunday.
CRPF jawans, local police and district voluntary force
(DVF) raided the Maoist camp at Bali Hills last night
following a tip-off and seized the explosive materials and
The security personnel, however, failed to nab any of
the ultras as they fled under the cover of darkness, leaving
their belongings behind.
"This is the biggest haul from any Maoist camp in the
district," Keonjhar superintendent of police Asish Singh told
reporters adding the security personnel had to defuse some
land mines in order to reach the Maoist camp, the SP said.
The ultras having links with Maoist leader Sushil had
put up the camp to train their cadre inside jungles of
Keonjhar district, he said.
The seized materials included one GPS (global
positioning system) set, 72 detonators and several gelatin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview