Orissa: Family arrested for dowry torture
Rourkela: Four persons of a family
were arrested for dowry torture and attempt to murder,
police said on Tuesday.
IIC of sector-7 police station, Gopinath Sira said,
Sasmita Nayak had been admitted to Ispat General Hospital with
30 percent burn injury and her in-law`s family claimed she
received burns due to gas leak while cooking.
Sasmita`s brother Satyanaryan Pradhan in a complaint
with police alleged that his sister who had married Balmiki
Nayak (32) of sector-6 area of the steel town ship on March 3,
2009 and was mother of a one and half year old daughter was
subjected to mental and physical torture by her husband and
other in-law`s demanding more dowry.
Police arrested Balmiki, his parents and his younger
brother under charges of 498 (A), 307 (attempt to murder) and
34 IPC and forwarded them to a local court here last evening
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city