Orissa: Five arrested, stated to be Maoists, acquitted
Malkangiri: Five persons, stated
to be Maoists, who had been arrested in connection with the
attack of an under construction power house, were on Tuesday
acquitted by a Fast Track court in Orissa`s Malkangiri for
lack of adequate evidence.
Additional District Judge of Fast Track Court, PK
Karna acquitted the five persons, arrested in connection with
the attack on an under construction power house in Gobindpalli
area on February 22, 2009.
The five had been arrested on the basis of a complaint
lodged with the police by the power company against 14 persons
while the rest nine were still at large, according to the
Extensive damage had been caused to the machinery,
equipment, office building structures at the power house.
After examining the witnesses and other materials, the
court acquitted all the five persons due to lack of adequate
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials