Orissa: Five arrested, stated to be Maoists, acquitted
Malkangiri: Five persons, stated
to be Maoists, who had been arrested in connection with the
attack of an under construction power house, were on Tuesday
acquitted by a Fast Track court in Orissa`s Malkangiri for
lack of adequate evidence.
Additional District Judge of Fast Track Court, PK
Karna acquitted the five persons, arrested in connection with
the attack on an under construction power house in Gobindpalli
area on February 22, 2009.
The five had been arrested on the basis of a complaint
lodged with the police by the power company against 14 persons
while the rest nine were still at large, according to the
Extensive damage had been caused to the machinery,
equipment, office building structures at the power house.
After examining the witnesses and other materials, the
court acquitted all the five persons due to lack of adequate
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!