Orissa: Five Maoists surrender
Rourkela: Five cadre Maoists including
three from neighbouring Jharkhand, on Friday surrendered before
the police here along with arms and ammunition.
The five were active members of armed cadre platoon
no 22 of the `Chotanagpur division` and were involved in
ambushes, blasting of schools, Public Health Centres and
police outposts in Orissa and Jharkhand.
They were Manoj Lakra (30), Anomol Tirkey (21), Saban
Kerketa (19), Atwa Munda (20) and Mahewaswar Singh (19).
DIG (Western Range) YK Jethwa said.
Lakra, Tirkey and Kerketa hailed from Raidihi in
Jharkhand and Munda and Singh belonged to Chandiposh in
They surrendered rifles and a pistol and ammunition
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen