Orissa: Five Maoists surrender
Rourkela: Five cadre Maoists including
three from neighbouring Jharkhand, on Friday surrendered before
the police here along with arms and ammunition.
The five were active members of armed cadre platoon
no 22 of the `Chotanagpur division` and were involved in
ambushes, blasting of schools, Public Health Centres and
police outposts in Orissa and Jharkhand.
They were Manoj Lakra (30), Anomol Tirkey (21), Saban
Kerketa (19), Atwa Munda (20) and Mahewaswar Singh (19).
DIG (Western Range) YK Jethwa said.
Lakra, Tirkey and Kerketa hailed from Raidihi in
Jharkhand and Munda and Singh belonged to Chandiposh in
They surrendered rifles and a pistol and ammunition
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi