Orissa: Four Maoists held in Bargarh district
Bargarh: Four Maoists, including
two women, were arrested and some weapons seized from them in
Orissa`s Bargarh district, police said on Sunday.
The rebels were nabbed last evening after police
intercepted a jeep carrying five persons at Amarpali Chowk
near Paikamal area, close to naxal-hit Chhattisgarh, Bargarh
SP Kavita Jalan told reporters here.
On seeing policemen, one man jumped out of the vehicle
and fled, while the rest four were arrested, she said.
While three of the arrested ultras, identified as Azad
alias Anil Kumar (25), Rambati (20) and Shambati Dubba (20)
belonged to Chhattisgarh, Makunda Naik (27) was from Padampur
area of Bargarh district, the SP said adding the person who
escaped was identified as David.
A country-made gun, some ammunition, letters, two can
bombs, two detonators, maps, naxal literature and some cash
were seized from them, she said.
The naxals were being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH