Orissa: Four Maoists held in Bargarh district
Bargarh: Four Maoists, including
two women, were arrested and some weapons seized from them in
Orissa`s Bargarh district, police said on Sunday.
The rebels were nabbed last evening after police
intercepted a jeep carrying five persons at Amarpali Chowk
near Paikamal area, close to naxal-hit Chhattisgarh, Bargarh
SP Kavita Jalan told reporters here.
On seeing policemen, one man jumped out of the vehicle
and fled, while the rest four were arrested, she said.
While three of the arrested ultras, identified as Azad
alias Anil Kumar (25), Rambati (20) and Shambati Dubba (20)
belonged to Chhattisgarh, Makunda Naik (27) was from Padampur
area of Bargarh district, the SP said adding the person who
escaped was identified as David.
A country-made gun, some ammunition, letters, two can
bombs, two detonators, maps, naxal literature and some cash
were seized from them, she said.
The naxals were being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened