Orissa: Four Maoists held in Bargarh district
Bargarh: Four Maoists, including
two women, were arrested and some weapons seized from them in
Orissa`s Bargarh district, police said on Sunday.
The rebels were nabbed last evening after police
intercepted a jeep carrying five persons at Amarpali Chowk
near Paikamal area, close to naxal-hit Chhattisgarh, Bargarh
SP Kavita Jalan told reporters here.
On seeing policemen, one man jumped out of the vehicle
and fled, while the rest four were arrested, she said.
While three of the arrested ultras, identified as Azad
alias Anil Kumar (25), Rambati (20) and Shambati Dubba (20)
belonged to Chhattisgarh, Makunda Naik (27) was from Padampur
area of Bargarh district, the SP said adding the person who
escaped was identified as David.
A country-made gun, some ammunition, letters, two can
bombs, two detonators, maps, naxal literature and some cash
were seized from them, she said.
The naxals were being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam