Orissa: Four Maoists held in Bargarh district
Bargarh: Four Maoists, including
two women, were arrested and some weapons seized from them in
Orissa`s Bargarh district, police said on Sunday.
The rebels were nabbed last evening after police
intercepted a jeep carrying five persons at Amarpali Chowk
near Paikamal area, close to naxal-hit Chhattisgarh, Bargarh
SP Kavita Jalan told reporters here.
On seeing policemen, one man jumped out of the vehicle
and fled, while the rest four were arrested, she said.
While three of the arrested ultras, identified as Azad
alias Anil Kumar (25), Rambati (20) and Shambati Dubba (20)
belonged to Chhattisgarh, Makunda Naik (27) was from Padampur
area of Bargarh district, the SP said adding the person who
escaped was identified as David.
A country-made gun, some ammunition, letters, two can
bombs, two detonators, maps, naxal literature and some cash
were seized from them, she said.
The naxals were being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test