Orissa: Fresh security guidelines mooted for VIPs
Bhubaneswar: The Orissa government is
considering framing fresh security guidelines for people`s
representatives in Maoist-hit areas in the wake of the killing
of ruling BJD legislator Jagabandhu Majhi at a public meeting.
"The fresh security guidelines will be prepared very
soon after analysing the existing norms and obtaining
suggestions for improvement," official sources said today.
According to Chief Secretary B K Patnaik, the DGP would
also suggest to the government on the security of MLAs, MPs
and ministers for improvement in present arrangement.
The existing guidelines were issued on March 11, 2011 for
MPs, MLAs and other elected representatives besides district
level officers and other government servants working in
Maoist-hit areas, sources said, adding the norms were also
meant for those facing threat from ultras and terror groups.
The existing guidelines were issued after the abduction
of the then Malkangiri Collector, R Vineel Krishna by Maoists
in February this year, they said.
39-year-old Majhi, a wheel-chair bound tribal leader, was
shot dead by suspected Maoists in Nawarangpur district
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'