Orissa govt accepts demands of pro-Posco agitators
Paradip: After work for construction of the
boundary walls and rehabilitation colonies for the Posco
project was stalled for the last six days, the Orissa
government on Friday accepted the demands of the agitators paving
the way for resumption of work.
The pro-Posco United Action Committee (UAC) has been
opposing the work at Jagatsinghpur district in support of its
six-point charter of demands.
"Talks between district officials and UAC members held at
Gadakujanga were cordial. We discussed matters relating to
resumption of work and it was a success," District Collector
Narayan Chandra Jena said.
Jena said the district administration would fulfil all six
demands, but it would take some time as the Revenue Divisional
Commissioner (RDC), Central Division, was busy with the car
festival at Puri.
"The RDC is now busy in organising the car festival of
Lord Jagannath at Puri. Necessary action will be taken after
he is free," Jena said.
"It was agreed to accept their demands. I assured them
that the administration is prepared to give in writing after
RDC level talks," Jena said voicing confidence that the
villagers backing the mega steel project would continue their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love