Orissa govt accepts demands of pro-Posco agitators
Paradip: After work for construction of the
boundary walls and rehabilitation colonies for the Posco
project was stalled for the last six days, the Orissa
government on Friday accepted the demands of the agitators paving
the way for resumption of work.
The pro-Posco United Action Committee (UAC) has been
opposing the work at Jagatsinghpur district in support of its
six-point charter of demands.
"Talks between district officials and UAC members held at
Gadakujanga were cordial. We discussed matters relating to
resumption of work and it was a success," District Collector
Narayan Chandra Jena said.
Jena said the district administration would fulfil all six
demands, but it would take some time as the Revenue Divisional
Commissioner (RDC), Central Division, was busy with the car
festival at Puri.
"The RDC is now busy in organising the car festival of
Lord Jagannath at Puri. Necessary action will be taken after
he is free," Jena said.
"It was agreed to accept their demands. I assured them
that the administration is prepared to give in writing after
RDC level talks," Jena said voicing confidence that the
villagers backing the mega steel project would continue their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH