Orissa Govt approves fresh investment of Rs 6,500 crore
Bhubaneswar: Giving a boost to its ongoing industrialisation process, Orissa government on Friday approved fresh investment of Rs 6,500 crore in cement, steel, paper, power and other sectors, official sources said.
The investment proposals were approved by the Single Window Clearance Committee (SLWCC) meeting chaired by the chief secretary B K Patnaik here.
"The 16 projects approved on Friday will give direct employment to 15,000 people and provide indirect employment for another 25,000 persons," Industries secretary Sourav Garg said adding that projects worth less than Rs 1,000 crore got clearance from the SLWCC.
Stating that the projects were in cement (4 units), food processing (one unit), manufacturing (one unit), power (one unit), paper (one unit) and steel (five units) sectors,
Garg said one industrial park proposal was also got the SLWCC`s nod.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?