Orissa govt demands more funds for local bodies
Bhubaneswar: The Orissa government on Tuesday
demanded that central funds for local bodies be hiked to Rs
1,000 crore and also sought inclusion of Cuttack city under
the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who met Union Urban
Development minister S Jaipal Reddy in New Delhi, demanded
that the allocation, which was only Rs.181.79 crore for 101
local bodies in Orissa, be enhanced to Rs.1000 crore.
He said the more funds were required as the state was
implementing key urban reforms and projects sanctioned under
Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium
Referring to JNNURM, Patnaik said only two cities in
Orissa, Bhubaneswar and Puri, have been included under it,
while the Integrated Sewerage Project and Conservation of
Bindusagar Project has been taken up in Bhubaneswar.
Patnaik asked the Centre to take steps for inclusion
of Cuttack also under the JNNURM, sources in the chief
minister`s office here said.
He requested Reddy for early release of first
instalment of the central share for 12 drinking water supply
projects sanctioned and second instalment for five ongoing
road projects in Cuttack, water bodies restoration projects in
Cuttack and Berhampur towns and water supply projects in
Sambalpur and Koraput towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo