Orissa govt to confiscate Maoist leader`s property
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government has issued a notice to Subhasree Panda, arrested under Unlawful Activities Act 1967, asking her to explain as to why her property should not be confiscated, official sources said.
She was asked to make a representation by May 6, failing which the matter would be decided ex-parte, the notice issued by the home secretary said.
Subhashree, who was arrested from the city in January this year, was lodged in a city jail.
The notice was issued under section 25 of the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, the sources said.
Subhashree, in a letter to the home secretary has sought a month`s time, her lawyer Biswapriya Kanungo said.
Subhashree alias Mili, wife of top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, was allegedly working for the outlawed CPI (Maoist) for quite some time before her arrest.
The police had seized four computers, mobile sets, cash worth Rs 4 lakh and some gold jewellery from Subhashree`s possession at the time of her arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM