Orissa HC CJ emphasises speedy disposal of cases
Berhampur (Orissa): Emphasising on
speedy disposal of cases, chief justice of Orissa High Court
V Gopala Gowda on Saturday said coordination between lawyers,
judicial officers as well as the public was essential for
The judges and magistrates should live up to the
aspiration of the people by delivering early justice", Gowda
said at Aska, about 40 km from here while addressing the
centenary celebration of the local Bar association.
Pointing out that role of lawyers was essential for
safeguarding human rights in the society, Gowda said
said lawyers were the protectors of the law and guardians
of the basic features of the Constitution.
The lawyers should come forward to protect the law
and safe guard the basic features of the Constitution, he
Three other judges of the High Court - Justies B P
Das, Indrajit Mohanty and A S Naidu also spoke on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore