Orissa HC CJ emphasises speedy disposal of cases
Berhampur (Orissa): Emphasising on
speedy disposal of cases, chief justice of Orissa High Court
V Gopala Gowda on Saturday said coordination between lawyers,
judicial officers as well as the public was essential for
The judges and magistrates should live up to the
aspiration of the people by delivering early justice", Gowda
said at Aska, about 40 km from here while addressing the
centenary celebration of the local Bar association.
Pointing out that role of lawyers was essential for
safeguarding human rights in the society, Gowda said
said lawyers were the protectors of the law and guardians
of the basic features of the Constitution.
The lawyers should come forward to protect the law
and safe guard the basic features of the Constitution, he
Three other judges of the High Court - Justies B P
Das, Indrajit Mohanty and A S Naidu also spoke on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam