Orissa HC orders fresh probe into seer murder case
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court directed the crime branch police to file a fresh charge sheet
in the killing of Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati, the trial of
which is going on in a lower court in Kandhamal district.
Saraswati`s disciple Brahmachari Madhav Chaitanya, the
informant and key eye-witness in the case and VHP leader Durga
Prasanna Kar filed two separate petitions seeking?an impartial
enquiry by an independent agency, preferably the CBI, into the
murder during the Janmashtami celebrations at the Jaleshpeta
Ashram on August 23, 2008.
The petitioners alleged that the crime branch police
although, submitting two charge sheets in the case naming 14
accused, had not investigated the role of a local church which
had reportedly passed a resolution in presence of a senior
state government officer just prior to the incident that
Saraswati would be eliminated in order to restore peace in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!