Orissa HC relief to two senior IAS officers
Cuttack: Two senior IAS officers of the State got relief from Orissa High Court when a Division Bench exempted them from personal appearances in a contempt of court case initiated against them.
State Industries Secretary Parag Gupta and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise department secretary N K Sundray appeared before the Division Bench of Justices B P Das and B K Nayak yesterday as directed.
But since the matter could not be taken up on the day due to certain reasons, the Court exempted the two senior IAS officers from further appearance before it on the matter.
The case inter alia pertains to the closure of State Leather Corporation, which was wound up in 2006 after relocating its permanent employees suitably elsewhere.
However, one disgruntled former Statistical Inspector of the Corporation Durga Charan Mohanty was not satisfied at his relocated place and the new designation.
Mohanty had approached the Odisha High Court and the HC had asked the government to redress the grievances of the petitioner and relocate him in accordance to his qualification and the earlier status he was maintaining.
But when the High Court’s order was not complied with, he again filed a contempt of court case against the concerned officials of the departments.
Admitting the contempt petition of Mohanty, the HC had issued notices asking the two senior IAS officers to appear personally in the court and explain as to why contempt charges would not be framed against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!