Orissa identifies 4,083 Bangladeshi infiltrators, deports 48
Bhubaneswar: Orissa had so far been able
to deport only 48 infiltrators to Bangladesh while efforts
were on to ensure return of 4,035 others to their native
country, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said today.
"Though the state government had identified 4,083
infiltrators from Bangladesh, it was not aware of the presence
of infiltrators from any other country," he said replying to a
question in the assembly.
While highest number of 1,649 Bangladeshi infiltrators
were identified in coastal Kendrapara district, it was
followed by 1,112 in Jagatsinghpur district, 703 in
Malkangiri, 313 in district, 150 in Balasore district, 106 in
Nabarangpur district and two in Baragarh district
respectively, he said.
"The state government is not aware about involvement
of any infiltrators in anti-national activities," Patnaik said
pointing out that stringent action would be taken if any
infiltrator was found to be involved in anti-national
The state government had also taken several steps
including round-the-clock patrolling in coastline to stop
further infiltration into the state, the chief minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents