Orissa identifies 4,083 Bangladeshi infiltrators, deports 48
Bhubaneswar: Orissa had so far been able
to deport only 48 infiltrators to Bangladesh while efforts
were on to ensure return of 4,035 others to their native
country, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said today.
"Though the state government had identified 4,083
infiltrators from Bangladesh, it was not aware of the presence
of infiltrators from any other country," he said replying to a
question in the assembly.
While highest number of 1,649 Bangladeshi infiltrators
were identified in coastal Kendrapara district, it was
followed by 1,112 in Jagatsinghpur district, 703 in
Malkangiri, 313 in district, 150 in Balasore district, 106 in
Nabarangpur district and two in Baragarh district
respectively, he said.
"The state government is not aware about involvement
of any infiltrators in anti-national activities," Patnaik said
pointing out that stringent action would be taken if any
infiltrator was found to be involved in anti-national
The state government had also taken several steps
including round-the-clock patrolling in coastline to stop
further infiltration into the state, the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today