Orissa identifies 4,083 Bangladeshi infiltrators, deports 48
Bhubaneswar: Orissa had so far been able
to deport only 48 infiltrators to Bangladesh while efforts
were on to ensure return of 4,035 others to their native
country, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said today.
"Though the state government had identified 4,083
infiltrators from Bangladesh, it was not aware of the presence
of infiltrators from any other country," he said replying to a
question in the assembly.
While highest number of 1,649 Bangladeshi infiltrators
were identified in coastal Kendrapara district, it was
followed by 1,112 in Jagatsinghpur district, 703 in
Malkangiri, 313 in district, 150 in Balasore district, 106 in
Nabarangpur district and two in Baragarh district
respectively, he said.
"The state government is not aware about involvement
of any infiltrators in anti-national activities," Patnaik said
pointing out that stringent action would be taken if any
infiltrator was found to be involved in anti-national
The state government had also taken several steps
including round-the-clock patrolling in coastline to stop
further infiltration into the state, the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what