Orissa introduces e-registration of land
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government today
launched the much-awaited e-registration of land project by
replacing the age-old manual format.
Chief minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the project
describing it as "citizen centric government service" to the
people facing problem in getting their land registred.
"Chance of unauthorised sale of land will drastrically
come down with begining of the e-registration project",
Patnaik said while naming the project as "Dharani".
Besides helping people to get documents relating to
sale and purchase of land within 45 minutes, Patnaik said this
could help in monitoring land trasnfer of tribal people.
"Project Dharani is a major milestone which will
provide transparent and sustainable interface between citizens
and the government service," said Revenue Minister S Patro.
The facility would be available in all the 177
register offices in the state, Patro said adding people could
avail their registration of sale deed in less than an hour.
The use of biometric authentication system makes the
system more secure with little chance of manipulation of
records by unscruplulous methods, said Dinesh Kumar Tyagi, MD
and CEO of IL&FS (Infrastructure Leasing and Finance
Service) e-Gov & CEO, Orissa e-Service Limited.
In course of time, the project would focus on delivery
of encumbrance clearance (EC), he said adding it would also
offer benchmark valuation of land of each area so that none
could be cheated in terms of value of the land.
The project is based on public private partnership
(PPP) mode with involvement of the state owned Orissa Computer
Application Centre (OCAC) and IL&FS. About 400 people are
involved in programming of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video