Orissa landmine blast: 2 civilians killed, 8 jawans injured
Koraput (Orissa): At least two civilians,
including a woman, were killed and eight security personnel
injured in a landmine blast triggered by the Maoists on Saturday in
"Two civilians were killed and eight members of the
elite anti-Naxalite Special Operation Group (SOG) injured in
the landmine blast incident this morning," Deputy Inspector
General (DIG, southern range) Sanjeev Panda said.
The incident took place at Jogipalur area this morning
when a group of 10 SOG jawans when they were returning to a
barrack at Narayanpatna in a passenger trekker.
Though eight of the 10 jawans sustained injuries in
the incident, no one was serious, the DIG said, adding that the
identity of the deceased civilians were yet to be identified.
In another attack, armed Maoists blew up a mobile
phone tower in Machhkund area of the district besides
ransacking the tehsil office and setting afire official
records and documents, said Koraput SP Anup Kumar Sahu.
Vehicular movement between Machhkund and Lamptapur
was disrupted as the red rebels blocked the connecting road
by felling trees, police said adding steps were being taken to
remove the obstacles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days