Orissa landmine blast: 2 civilians killed, 8 jawans injured
Koraput (Orissa): At least two civilians,
including a woman, were killed and eight security personnel
injured in a landmine blast triggered by the Maoists on Saturday in
"Two civilians were killed and eight members of the
elite anti-Naxalite Special Operation Group (SOG) injured in
the landmine blast incident this morning," Deputy Inspector
General (DIG, southern range) Sanjeev Panda said.
The incident took place at Jogipalur area this morning
when a group of 10 SOG jawans when they were returning to a
barrack at Narayanpatna in a passenger trekker.
Though eight of the 10 jawans sustained injuries in
the incident, no one was serious, the DIG said, adding that the
identity of the deceased civilians were yet to be identified.
In another attack, armed Maoists blew up a mobile
phone tower in Machhkund area of the district besides
ransacking the tehsil office and setting afire official
records and documents, said Koraput SP Anup Kumar Sahu.
Vehicular movement between Machhkund and Lamptapur
was disrupted as the red rebels blocked the connecting road
by felling trees, police said adding steps were being taken to
remove the obstacles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah