Orissa: Life imprisonment for two murder accused
Rourkela (Orissa): A local fast track
court has convicted two accused and sentenced them to life
imprisonment for killing one Bharat Bahadur on May 2, 2010.
The fast track court Judge, Gopabandhu Patnaik found
Jiten Kumar Das and Bhagaban Patra guilty after examining 18
witnesses and taking cognition of Bahadur`s dying declaration
before an executive magistrate.
The judgement was pronounced here yesterday.
According to the prosecution, the two convicts
had attacked Bharat Bahadur of Kabisamratpally area under
sector-7 police limit of this steel city on May 2, 2010 with
sharp weapons injuring him fatally. Old enmity was stated to
be the cause of the attack.
Bharat was rushed to Rourkela Government Hospital
where he died the next day. Police had arrested Jiten Kumar
and Bhagaban for murder under Section 300 IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption