Orissa: Life imprisonment for two murder accused
Rourkela (Orissa): A local fast track
court has convicted two accused and sentenced them to life
imprisonment for killing one Bharat Bahadur on May 2, 2010.
The fast track court Judge, Gopabandhu Patnaik found
Jiten Kumar Das and Bhagaban Patra guilty after examining 18
witnesses and taking cognition of Bahadur`s dying declaration
before an executive magistrate.
The judgement was pronounced here yesterday.
According to the prosecution, the two convicts
had attacked Bharat Bahadur of Kabisamratpally area under
sector-7 police limit of this steel city on May 2, 2010 with
sharp weapons injuring him fatally. Old enmity was stated to
be the cause of the attack.
Bharat was rushed to Rourkela Government Hospital
where he died the next day. Police had arrested Jiten Kumar
and Bhagaban for murder under Section 300 IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!