Orissa: Life imprisonment for two murder accused
Rourkela (Orissa): A local fast track
court has convicted two accused and sentenced them to life
imprisonment for killing one Bharat Bahadur on May 2, 2010.
The fast track court Judge, Gopabandhu Patnaik found
Jiten Kumar Das and Bhagaban Patra guilty after examining 18
witnesses and taking cognition of Bahadur`s dying declaration
before an executive magistrate.
The judgement was pronounced here yesterday.
According to the prosecution, the two convicts
had attacked Bharat Bahadur of Kabisamratpally area under
sector-7 police limit of this steel city on May 2, 2010 with
sharp weapons injuring him fatally. Old enmity was stated to
be the cause of the attack.
Bharat was rushed to Rourkela Government Hospital
where he died the next day. Police had arrested Jiten Kumar
and Bhagaban for murder under Section 300 IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday