Orissa: Life imprisonment for two murder accused
Rourkela (Orissa): A local fast track
court has convicted two accused and sentenced them to life
imprisonment for killing one Bharat Bahadur on May 2, 2010.
The fast track court Judge, Gopabandhu Patnaik found
Jiten Kumar Das and Bhagaban Patra guilty after examining 18
witnesses and taking cognition of Bahadur`s dying declaration
before an executive magistrate.
The judgement was pronounced here yesterday.
According to the prosecution, the two convicts
had attacked Bharat Bahadur of Kabisamratpally area under
sector-7 police limit of this steel city on May 2, 2010 with
sharp weapons injuring him fatally. Old enmity was stated to
be the cause of the attack.
Bharat was rushed to Rourkela Government Hospital
where he died the next day. Police had arrested Jiten Kumar
and Bhagaban for murder under Section 300 IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida