Orissa: Life imprisonment for two murder accused
Rourkela (Orissa): A local fast track
court has convicted two accused and sentenced them to life
imprisonment for killing one Bharat Bahadur on May 2, 2010.
The fast track court Judge, Gopabandhu Patnaik found
Jiten Kumar Das and Bhagaban Patra guilty after examining 18
witnesses and taking cognition of Bahadur`s dying declaration
before an executive magistrate.
The judgement was pronounced here yesterday.
According to the prosecution, the two convicts
had attacked Bharat Bahadur of Kabisamratpally area under
sector-7 police limit of this steel city on May 2, 2010 with
sharp weapons injuring him fatally. Old enmity was stated to
be the cause of the attack.
Bharat was rushed to Rourkela Government Hospital
where he died the next day. Police had arrested Jiten Kumar
and Bhagaban for murder under Section 300 IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre