Orissa: Locals rescue abducted businessman
Jajpur (Orissa): Residents of Brahmabarada in Jajpur district on Thursday rescued a businessman and his aide who were kidnapped by criminals on Wednesday night, police said.
Sarbeswar Sahu, a gold merchant and his assistant
Sadasiva Parida, resident of Bhagabatpur in the neighbouring
Kendrapara district, were abducted by four miscreants while
they were retuning home after closing the gold jewelry shop at
the nearby bazaar last night.
The miscreants who allegedly demanded Rs 10 lakh
ransom from their family were attempting to hide them in a
house at Brahmabarada village, police said.
A man in the wee hours today saw the abducted men with
his aide tied and gagged in that house.
As the news spread, the villagers rushed to the site
and rescued the duo. The villagers also managed to catch two
of the abductors, while three others managed to flee from the
"The villagers rescued the duo and handed over us in
the morning. Besides, they also nabbed two of the abductors
and handed over them to us. We are investigating into the
case," said Deepak Kumar, SP of Jajpur.
The two have been detained, he said adding the vehicle
used in the crime has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured