Orissa MLA’s salary hiked three-fold
Bhubaneswar: In a bonanza for MLAs and
ministers in the state, Orissa cabinet on Friday effected a
three-fold hike to the monthly salary of legislators in view
The enhanced salary structure for the MLAs and
others would be implemented retrospectively with effect from
April 01, 2010, Chief Secretary B K Patnaik said
after the cabinet meeting.
The Chief Minister`s salary was raised from Rs 20,000
to Rs 59,000 while that of cabinet ministers hiked from Rs
18,000 to Rs 58,000, he said adding the salary of ministers of
state was increased from Rs 16,000 to Rs 57,000.
The salary of the assembly speaker was hiked from Rs
19,000 to Rs 58,000 while the deputy speaker`s salary was
raised from Rs 16,000 to Rs 57,000.
In case of MLAs, the basic pay was hiked from Rs 5,000
to Rs 16,000, while constituency and secretarial allowance was
fixed at Rs 13,000, medical allowance at Rs 5000, conveyance
at Rs 7000, fixed advance at Rs 8000, books, periodicals and
newspaper allowance at Rs 1000, electricity allowance Rs 2000
and Rs 8000 for telephone expenses.
Pension of ex-MLAs was raised from Rs 6000 to Rs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what