Orissa MLA’s salary hiked three-fold
Bhubaneswar: In a bonanza for MLAs and
ministers in the state, Orissa cabinet on Friday effected a
three-fold hike to the monthly salary of legislators in view
The enhanced salary structure for the MLAs and
others would be implemented retrospectively with effect from
April 01, 2010, Chief Secretary B K Patnaik said
after the cabinet meeting.
The Chief Minister`s salary was raised from Rs 20,000
to Rs 59,000 while that of cabinet ministers hiked from Rs
18,000 to Rs 58,000, he said adding the salary of ministers of
state was increased from Rs 16,000 to Rs 57,000.
The salary of the assembly speaker was hiked from Rs
19,000 to Rs 58,000 while the deputy speaker`s salary was
raised from Rs 16,000 to Rs 57,000.
In case of MLAs, the basic pay was hiked from Rs 5,000
to Rs 16,000, while constituency and secretarial allowance was
fixed at Rs 13,000, medical allowance at Rs 5000, conveyance
at Rs 7000, fixed advance at Rs 8000, books, periodicals and
newspaper allowance at Rs 1000, electricity allowance Rs 2000
and Rs 8000 for telephone expenses.
Pension of ex-MLAs was raised from Rs 6000 to Rs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what