Orissa officials advised to avoid Maoist areas
Bhubaneswar: The Orissa government has issued an advisory to district authorities and police officials asking them not to visit Maoist-hit areas, especially during night, an official said on Monday.
The security guideline was issued over the weekend in view of the recent abduction and release of Malkangiri district collector RV Krishna and junior engineer Pabitra Majhi by the Maoists, a senior home department official said.
"They are advised not to travel in Maoist-affected areas, especially during night hours. They are also advised to avoid use of official vehicles and not to declare tour plans in advance," he said.
The advisory, sent to all the district authorities and top state administrative and police officials, also said the officials attending public meetings in the Maoist areas must inform the concerned district police authorities in advance.
The security arrangements for the VIPs, including legislators, parliamentarians and bureaucrats, must be done as per the blue book, which lays down security guidelines.
Maoist rebels had abducted Krishna and Majhi Feb 16 Majhi was released Feb 23 and Krishna Feb 25, after the state government fulfilled the demands of the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank