Orissa: One held for raping Dalit girl
Berhampur: One person has been arrested for allegedly raping a deaf and dumb scheduled caste girl at Solaghara village of Purushottampur area in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said Wednesday.
The accused, Santosh Sahu, was arrested yesterday and the 18-year-old girl sent for medical examination, said sub-divisional police officer, Chhatrpur, Shantanu Padhy.
He said brother of Santosh, also allegedly involved in
the incident of January 7, was still at large. Efforts were on
to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city