Orissa: One held for raping Dalit girl
Berhampur: One person has been arrested for allegedly raping a deaf and dumb scheduled caste girl at Solaghara village of Purushottampur area in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said Wednesday.
The accused, Santosh Sahu, was arrested yesterday and the 18-year-old girl sent for medical examination, said sub-divisional police officer, Chhatrpur, Shantanu Padhy.
He said brother of Santosh, also allegedly involved in
the incident of January 7, was still at large. Efforts were on
to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read