Orissa: One held for raping Dalit girl
Berhampur: One person has been arrested for allegedly raping a deaf and dumb scheduled caste girl at Solaghara village of Purushottampur area in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said Wednesday.
The accused, Santosh Sahu, was arrested yesterday and the 18-year-old girl sent for medical examination, said sub-divisional police officer, Chhatrpur, Shantanu Padhy.
He said brother of Santosh, also allegedly involved in
the incident of January 7, was still at large. Efforts were on
to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand