Orissa opposition MLAs end 14-day dharna inside assembly
Bhubaneswar: Orissa opposition legislators,
who were on an unprecedented dharna inside the state assembly
for the past 14 days protesting its sine die adjournment two
weeks ahead of schedule, ended their agitation on Saturday.
The opposition MLAs, belonging to Congress and BJP
besides Independents, also held mock assembly during the
period after the Speaker adjourned the winter session sine die
on December 5 against its scheduled closure on December 19.
"In the fourteen days, we discussed 89 questions and 11
adjournment motions. It also passed five motions," the Leader
of the Opposition, Bhupinder Singh said.
Congress chief whip, Prasad Harichandan said the state
government had abruptly ended the winter session fearing
discussions on the multi-crore mining scam and growing
incidents of suicide by farmers in the state.
"It was nothing but a publicity drama", said
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Raghunath Mohanty.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma