Orissa orders probe into corporal punishment death
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government today
ordered an administrative inquiry into the death of a student
following reports that he succumbed after being physically
beaten up by his teacher for not completing home task at a
state-run school in Baragarh district.
"The government has asked the District Collector of
Bargarh district to probe into the death of a sixth standard
student who allegedly died due to corporal punishment," School
and Mass Education Minister Pratap Jena said today.
The Collector was asked to submit his report within 48
hours, the minister said, referring to the death of
12-year old Ajay Bagarti, a VIth standard student of the
state-run George High School at Bargah.
Bagarti was allegedly beaten up by his class teacher,
identified as Dambarudhar Rana, for not completing his home
works and died during treatment yesterday.
The parents of the boy already lodged a complaint
against the school authorities.
The teacher could not be traced.
The school Head Master R K Purohit welcomed the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics