Orissa Police Association to boycott VIP duties
Cuttack: Seeking stern action against the
ruling BJD MP from Cuttack Bhartuhari Mahtab for allegedly
assaulting a policeman, the Orissa Police Association
on Tuesday announced its decision to boycott all VIP security
duties from Tuesday night.
The OPA has informed its decision to the Deputy
Commissioner of Police (DCP) A N Sinha this evening. "We would
however, continue the normal law and order duties and other
assignments like crime control", said OPA secretary Sunil
Mohanty said that the Republic Day celebrations here
tomorrow to be attended by the chief minister Naveen Patnaik
would not hampered by the boycott of VIP duties as the
the chief minister has his own security arrangements.
Meanwhile, the city police claimed that they have made
substantial progress in the case against the MP as evidence
have been collected in the matter and the examination of
eyewitnesses are over.
Sub-inspector Amitabh Mohapatra had filed a complaint
against the local MP for assaulting him during duty recently
at Netaji Museum in Cuttack and the police had
registered a criminal case against the Mahtab, an editor
turned politician. The MP had denied the charge filed by
According to sources, Mahtab is now in Japan on
an official assignment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- Sultry morning in city
- European leaders to discuss EU future after Brexit shock
- Robert Vadra calls Subramanian Swamy `attention seeking`, `deplorable and classist` over 'waiter' remark
- WhatsApp users now make over 100 million calls everyday!