Orissa: Police nab two criminals
Rourkela: Two criminals, including a dreaded
inter-state gang member, were nabbed and one pistol and two
live ammunition recovered from them.
Police said the criminals identified as Prakash Singh
and Ganesh Singh were nabbed from the railway station here
Both were involved in the killing of a trader, Dilip
Roul, at Basanti colony in May, 2011.
They were also involved in the looting of passengers at
the old taxi stand in June in which an accountant of a
jewellery outlet received bullet injury, they said.
Prakash was wanted in 12 cases, including six murders,
attempt to murder, loot, dacoity and robbery and he was active
in Gumla, Ranchi and Simdega districts of neighbouring
Jharkhand besides Sundargarh district in Orissa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why