Orissa: Prof couple shot from close range
Berhampur: Three days after the
murder of the retired professor couple, whose bodies were found from their house at Ramakrushana Nagar, the police have
come to know that they were shot from close range.
"The post-mortem reports suggested they were shot dead
by the miscreants from close range," Sub-Divisional Police
Officer of Berhampur, S C Mohapatra, said.
The post-mortem was conducted at MKCG Medical College
and Hospital here.
The police on Friday recovered the bodies of Gopal Krushan Panigrahi (65), a retired professor of Zoology in Berhampur University and his wife Kamala (60), also a retired lecture in Zoology in Khallikote Autonomous College here.
The investigation made little headway as the relatives
of the slain couple, mainly their daughter and son-in-law,
were busy in cremation and other rituals, police said.
Even though the police suspected they might have been
murdered by dacoits as some of the household articles were
scattered in the house, they however could not ascertain if
any items had been stolen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands