Orissa: Prof couple shot from close range
Berhampur: Three days after the
murder of the retired professor couple, whose bodies were found from their house at Ramakrushana Nagar, the police have
come to know that they were shot from close range.
"The post-mortem reports suggested they were shot dead
by the miscreants from close range," Sub-Divisional Police
Officer of Berhampur, S C Mohapatra, said.
The post-mortem was conducted at MKCG Medical College
and Hospital here.
The police on Friday recovered the bodies of Gopal Krushan Panigrahi (65), a retired professor of Zoology in Berhampur University and his wife Kamala (60), also a retired lecture in Zoology in Khallikote Autonomous College here.
The investigation made little headway as the relatives
of the slain couple, mainly their daughter and son-in-law,
were busy in cremation and other rituals, police said.
Even though the police suspected they might have been
murdered by dacoits as some of the household articles were
scattered in the house, they however could not ascertain if
any items had been stolen.
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team