Orissa: Prohibitory order in Kendrapara after gangster`s arrest
Kendrapara: Kendrapara district
administration on Thursday clamped prohibitory order under section
144 of CrPC in the entire town following tension over arrest
of a noted gangster turned trade union leader, police said.
Tension prevailed in this coastal town as a large
number of people including women rushed into the district
collector`s office demanding release of gangster Syed Usman
Ali alias Tito, who was earlier arrested on charge of fixing
civil construction tenders worth Rs 5 crore.
Tito was supported by locals as he had recently
floated a trade union to press forth the demand for locals`
employment in industrial units in nearby Paradip.
"The assembly of people was entirely unlawful. That`s
why, prohibitory orders under section 144 Cr PC has been
imposed in the town," said Pradipta Kumar Pattnaik, Kendrapara
"We are keeping close watch on the situation.
Situation is under control. No untoward incident has taken
place so far. The attempt to disrupt vehicular traffic on the
NH-5 (A) connecting the Paradip port has been thwarted
following police deployment," SP Narasingha Bhol said.
"Though Tito made claims to have quit crime, we kept
close track on his activities and arrested him today from his
Dilarpur house in the township. A revolver and four live
bullets were also seized from his possession," SP Bhol said.
The gangster was remanded to jail later today after
the judicial magistrate court in Pattamundai rejected him bail
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections