Orissa: Prohibitory order in Kendrapara after gangster`s arrest
Kendrapara: Kendrapara district
administration on Thursday clamped prohibitory order under section
144 of CrPC in the entire town following tension over arrest
of a noted gangster turned trade union leader, police said.
Tension prevailed in this coastal town as a large
number of people including women rushed into the district
collector`s office demanding release of gangster Syed Usman
Ali alias Tito, who was earlier arrested on charge of fixing
civil construction tenders worth Rs 5 crore.
Tito was supported by locals as he had recently
floated a trade union to press forth the demand for locals`
employment in industrial units in nearby Paradip.
"The assembly of people was entirely unlawful. That`s
why, prohibitory orders under section 144 Cr PC has been
imposed in the town," said Pradipta Kumar Pattnaik, Kendrapara
"We are keeping close watch on the situation.
Situation is under control. No untoward incident has taken
place so far. The attempt to disrupt vehicular traffic on the
NH-5 (A) connecting the Paradip port has been thwarted
following police deployment," SP Narasingha Bhol said.
"Though Tito made claims to have quit crime, we kept
close track on his activities and arrested him today from his
Dilarpur house in the township. A revolver and four live
bullets were also seized from his possession," SP Bhol said.
The gangster was remanded to jail later today after
the judicial magistrate court in Pattamundai rejected him bail
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon