Orissa: Prohibitory order in Kendrapara after gangster`s arrest
Kendrapara: Kendrapara district
administration on Thursday clamped prohibitory order under section
144 of CrPC in the entire town following tension over arrest
of a noted gangster turned trade union leader, police said.
Tension prevailed in this coastal town as a large
number of people including women rushed into the district
collector`s office demanding release of gangster Syed Usman
Ali alias Tito, who was earlier arrested on charge of fixing
civil construction tenders worth Rs 5 crore.
Tito was supported by locals as he had recently
floated a trade union to press forth the demand for locals`
employment in industrial units in nearby Paradip.
"The assembly of people was entirely unlawful. That`s
why, prohibitory orders under section 144 Cr PC has been
imposed in the town," said Pradipta Kumar Pattnaik, Kendrapara
"We are keeping close watch on the situation.
Situation is under control. No untoward incident has taken
place so far. The attempt to disrupt vehicular traffic on the
NH-5 (A) connecting the Paradip port has been thwarted
following police deployment," SP Narasingha Bhol said.
"Though Tito made claims to have quit crime, we kept
close track on his activities and arrested him today from his
Dilarpur house in the township. A revolver and four live
bullets were also seized from his possession," SP Bhol said.
The gangster was remanded to jail later today after
the judicial magistrate court in Pattamundai rejected him bail
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list