Orissa ready to counter extremist forces: Naveen
Cuttack: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
on Thursday said his government has taken various measures to combat extremist forces and ensure peace in the state, including
modernisation of police force.
"The state government is committed to face any challenges
from extremists for which constant police modernization is on
by improving infrastructure and providing sophisticated
weapons to police," Patnaik said on the occasion of 75th
Foundation Day of Orissa Police.
Besides training, filling up of vacancies were also being
taken up on priority basis, he said.
"Peace and security to all people of Orissa are our
foremost responsibilities," said Patnaik, who also holds the
Commending the role of police in maintaining peace and
amiable atmosphere in Orissa, Patnaik said that peace
was an essential precondition for any development.
The Chief Minister also felicitated outstanding police
officers and 12 policemen were awarded with medals and cash
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'