Orissa: Scholarships for children of disabled
Berhampur (Orissa): After Tamil Nadu,
Orissa government has decided to provide monthly scholarship
to the children of disable persons with annual family income
of below Rs 50,000 for pursuing of higher studies.
The post-metric scholarship at Rs 350 per month would
be provided to the children of the disabled persons for higher
studies for ten months in an academic year.
The students availing scholarship from either the
state or central government under any other scheme would
not be considered.
"We have already asked the district administration to
conduct the survey of the eligible students to be benefited
under the scheme. After received the applications from the
district, the amount will be disbursed," Sanjay Kumar
Habada, director for welfare of persons with disabilities,
Claiming that Orissa is the second state to provide
such scholarship to the children of the disabled after Tamil
Nadu, he said the amount was just an incentive to encourage
the disable persons and their children for the higher studies.
Around 2500 students are expected to be benefited
under the scheme. While this year, the expenditure under the
scheme would be incurred from the Chief Minister?s Relief Fund
(CMRF),the government would made separate budget allocation
for this purpose from the next year, the director said.
Habada was here to review the work of the district
disabled rehabilitation centre (DDRC), here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29