Orissa: Scholarships for children of disabled
Berhampur (Orissa): After Tamil Nadu,
Orissa government has decided to provide monthly scholarship
to the children of disable persons with annual family income
of below Rs 50,000 for pursuing of higher studies.
The post-metric scholarship at Rs 350 per month would
be provided to the children of the disabled persons for higher
studies for ten months in an academic year.
The students availing scholarship from either the
state or central government under any other scheme would
not be considered.
"We have already asked the district administration to
conduct the survey of the eligible students to be benefited
under the scheme. After received the applications from the
district, the amount will be disbursed," Sanjay Kumar
Habada, director for welfare of persons with disabilities,
Claiming that Orissa is the second state to provide
such scholarship to the children of the disabled after Tamil
Nadu, he said the amount was just an incentive to encourage
the disable persons and their children for the higher studies.
Around 2500 students are expected to be benefited
under the scheme. While this year, the expenditure under the
scheme would be incurred from the Chief Minister?s Relief Fund
(CMRF),the government would made separate budget allocation
for this purpose from the next year, the director said.
Habada was here to review the work of the district
disabled rehabilitation centre (DDRC), here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts