Orissa: Scholarships for children of disabled
Berhampur (Orissa): After Tamil Nadu,
Orissa government has decided to provide monthly scholarship
to the children of disable persons with annual family income
of below Rs 50,000 for pursuing of higher studies.
The post-metric scholarship at Rs 350 per month would
be provided to the children of the disabled persons for higher
studies for ten months in an academic year.
The students availing scholarship from either the
state or central government under any other scheme would
not be considered.
"We have already asked the district administration to
conduct the survey of the eligible students to be benefited
under the scheme. After received the applications from the
district, the amount will be disbursed," Sanjay Kumar
Habada, director for welfare of persons with disabilities,
Claiming that Orissa is the second state to provide
such scholarship to the children of the disabled after Tamil
Nadu, he said the amount was just an incentive to encourage
the disable persons and their children for the higher studies.
Around 2500 students are expected to be benefited
under the scheme. While this year, the expenditure under the
scheme would be incurred from the Chief Minister?s Relief Fund
(CMRF),the government would made separate budget allocation
for this purpose from the next year, the director said.
Habada was here to review the work of the district
disabled rehabilitation centre (DDRC), here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi