Orissa seeks information from Goa on calamity deaths
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government on Wednesday
contacted its counterpart in Goa, following reports of the
death of eight migrant labourers from the state in last
week`s cyclonic storm.
"We have come to know about death of eight persons at
Goa from media reports. The government asked its counterpart
in Goa to inform about the calamity", Revenue and Disaster
Management minister S N Patro said.
Affirming that the state government did not have any
information regarding migration of Oriya people from
Sundargarh district to Goa, he said an officer of the labour
department was rushed to Panaji for collecting information.
"The state government may consider giving financial
assistance to the poor people who lost their lives in Goa,"
Patro said adding that it was waiting a report from the Goa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands