Orissa seeks information from Goa on calamity deaths
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government on Wednesday
contacted its counterpart in Goa, following reports of the
death of eight migrant labourers from the state in last
week`s cyclonic storm.
"We have come to know about death of eight persons at
Goa from media reports. The government asked its counterpart
in Goa to inform about the calamity", Revenue and Disaster
Management minister S N Patro said.
Affirming that the state government did not have any
information regarding migration of Oriya people from
Sundargarh district to Goa, he said an officer of the labour
department was rushed to Panaji for collecting information.
"The state government may consider giving financial
assistance to the poor people who lost their lives in Goa,"
Patro said adding that it was waiting a report from the Goa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley