Orissa to add 12 more specifications to UID
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government on Wednesday
decided to include at least a dozen more specifications to the
Unique Identity (UID), christened as "Aadhaar", a national
project launched to document profile of every individual in
This was decided at a high level meeting attended by
chief secretary, director census, Orissa and other officials.
While UID would have details of an individual like his
or her name, sex and other datas, the state government has
decided to include information like card holders ration card
number, BPL/APL number, NREGS data, Driving License number,
PAN number, photo i-card number, passport number, kissan and
credit card number, LPG consumer number, Rastriya Swasthya
Vikas Yojana number, pension I-d number and pass book number.
As the Central government is undertaking a big
exercise to prepare UID, it would be appropriate to add some
more data regarding a person, said chief secretary B K Patnaik
adding that six important places in the state were identified
to execute the gigantic work.
Stating that the work for the bio-metric data collection
for preparation of UID would start in December from eight KBK
(Kalahandi-Balangir-Koraput) districts, he said demographic
data capturing work had already been started by identifying as
many as 95 lakh families.
The people of Orissa could expect getting UID from
May/June, 2011, an official said adding a sub-committee had
been formed under the chairmanship of additional development
commissioner (ADC) where secretaries of housing and urban
development, IT, labour and employment and civil supplies and
consumer welfare department, were members.
The director of census will negotiate between the
state government and the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown