Orissa to spend Rs 816 cr to repair flood damages
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government has
decided to spend Rs 816.58 crore for restoration of
infrastructure, damaged in two spells of floods in last
To monitor the progress in restoration and
reconstruction activities, special squads have been formed at
state as well as district levels, official sources said on Monday.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik yesterday reviewed the
progress in repair works at a high level meeting where it was
informed that all the affected families have been provided
An assistance of Rs 35-39 crore has been given to 1.82
lakh families for this purpose, while Rs 1.39 crore has been
provided for restoration of sandcast land, sources said.
This apart, Rs 22.83 crore assistance has been
provided to farmers as agriculture input subsidy. The Chief
Minister had directed that input subsidy of Rs 60.53 crore
should be provided to the affected farmers by December 15.
The meeting also reviewed the implementation of the
government decision to provide one month additional pension to
elderly people, widow and physically challenged persons of the
This will benefit 5,68,542 people and the entire
money of Rs 11.37 crore will be given from the Chief
Minister`s Relief Fund (CMRF).
The officials were asked to complete the disbursement
process by December 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi