Orissa: Two constables suspended for extortion
Malkangiri: Two police
constables were suspended for allegedly extorting money from
businessmen and traders here, police said on Wednesday.
Constables Sukura Nayak and Narasingha Dora, posted in
Chitrakonda police station, were placed under suspension with
immediate effect and departmental proceedings initiated,
Superintendent of Police Anirudh Singh said.
The action was taken following a complaint by a
businessman that the two were collecting money at the district
headquarter town here, he said adding about Rs 17,000 cash was
also recovered from the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II