Orissa: Two constables suspended for extortion
Malkangiri: Two police
constables were suspended for allegedly extorting money from
businessmen and traders here, police said on Wednesday.
Constables Sukura Nayak and Narasingha Dora, posted in
Chitrakonda police station, were placed under suspension with
immediate effect and departmental proceedings initiated,
Superintendent of Police Anirudh Singh said.
The action was taken following a complaint by a
businessman that the two were collecting money at the district
headquarter town here, he said adding about Rs 17,000 cash was
also recovered from the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon