Orissa: Two constables suspended for extortion
Malkangiri: Two police
constables were suspended for allegedly extorting money from
businessmen and traders here, police said on Wednesday.
Constables Sukura Nayak and Narasingha Dora, posted in
Chitrakonda police station, were placed under suspension with
immediate effect and departmental proceedings initiated,
Superintendent of Police Anirudh Singh said.
The action was taken following a complaint by a
businessman that the two were collecting money at the district
headquarter town here, he said adding about Rs 17,000 cash was
also recovered from the duo.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers