Orissa: Two constables suspended for extortion
Malkangiri: Two police
constables were suspended for allegedly extorting money from
businessmen and traders here, police said on Wednesday.
Constables Sukura Nayak and Narasingha Dora, posted in
Chitrakonda police station, were placed under suspension with
immediate effect and departmental proceedings initiated,
Superintendent of Police Anirudh Singh said.
The action was taken following a complaint by a
businessman that the two were collecting money at the district
headquarter town here, he said adding about Rs 17,000 cash was
also recovered from the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi