Orissa: Woman robbed of cash, face rape attempt
Balasore: Six unidentified persons allegedly tried to rape a married woman and robbed her
of cash, a mobile phone and gold ornaments at her residence in Odisha`s Balasore district, police said Monday.
The woman belonging to Sirapur village yesterday
lodged a complain in Soro police station about the incident
that had allegedly taken place on Friday night, they said.
In the absence of the woman`s husband who works in
Mumbai, six masked people barged into her house and tried to
rape her but fled when she shouted, the police said.
However, the attackers took away cash, a mobile phone
and some gold ornaments before fleeing, they said adding that
investigation was on with the help of a scientific team and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city