Orissa: Woman robbed of cash, face rape attempt
Balasore: Six unidentified persons allegedly tried to rape a married woman and robbed her
of cash, a mobile phone and gold ornaments at her residence in Odisha`s Balasore district, police said Monday.
The woman belonging to Sirapur village yesterday
lodged a complain in Soro police station about the incident
that had allegedly taken place on Friday night, they said.
In the absence of the woman`s husband who works in
Mumbai, six masked people barged into her house and tried to
rape her but fled when she shouted, the police said.
However, the attackers took away cash, a mobile phone
and some gold ornaments before fleeing, they said adding that
investigation was on with the help of a scientific team and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter