‘Oriya must be a medium of teaching with English’
Berhampur: Oriya should be the medium of teaching along with English in higher education for better understanding of subjects by students in Orissa, higher Education Minister, Badri Narayan Patra said.
The students will be able to understand the subject properly, if they are taught in their mother tongue alongside English, the minister added.
In case of technical subjects also the teachers should make use of Oriya language, while teaching to explain the students, he said adding some states had already been promoting their mother tongue in higher education.
At the same time, the minister said, one should not ignore the English language in the age of globalisation. I am not against English. English is essential for the medium of communication in the era of globalisation, he said.
The minister said, developed countries like China, Japan and Germany were promoting their country`s languages in higher education as well as research work.
The minister was here to inaugurate a workshop on the role of college teachers in promoting Oriya language in the class rooms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?