Over 55 quintal ganja worth Rs 2.5 crore seized in Odisha: NCB
Bhubaneswar: More than 55 quintal of ganja valued at over Rs 2.5 crore was seized in a joint raid by the Narcotics Control Bureau, police and excise personnel in Odisha`s Angul district.
The raid was made for two days about a week ago in a village of Marudhip under Chhendipada police station, NCB officials said today.
A part of the team raided fields where cannabis was being cultivated and destroyed the crops over a huge area.
Another part of the team raided houses in the village and seized the ganga concealed in the ceiling, kitchen and in ditches.
Over 55 quintal of ganja valued at Rs 2.5 crore was seized, the officials said.
The villagers fled seeing the government vehicles and the team.
One person has been arrested in this connection, they said.
Altogether 12 cases were slapped against residents and land owners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’