Over hundred students from Odisha cheated by private institute
Kendrapara (Odisha): As many as 114 students, who had enrolled themselves in a private institute here for distance Bachelor in Education course, are now stranded in Andhra Pradesh as they were disallowed to sit for an examination following alleged irregularities by the institute.
"We have received reports of 114 students majority of whom are girls being allegedly cheated by a private institute here. A section of guardians have lodged FIRs with Kendrapara town police station," Kendrapara Superintendent of Police Rabi Narayan Behera said.
Police have sealed the institute and are conducting search operation to arrest the proprietors and employees of the institute. Police are laying emphasis on both penal action against the culprits and refund of students` money paid to the institute, he said.
The private institute was operating having received franchise of a college of education at Bhimavaram in west Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. Accordingly a batch of 114 students had their way to Bimavaran to appear examination on August 20, he said.
However, as authorities of Kendrapara-based institute had allegedly not made the monetary deposits with the AP College, the students were refused to appear in the examination, the SP said quoting contents of FIRs lodged in this regard.
The institute officials were not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars