Panchayat officer caught red handed
Rourkela: Vigilance sleuths have caught
one gram panchayat extension officer of Odisha`s Sundargarh district red handed while accepting bribe from the sarpanch, department sources said Wednesday.
The officer had allegedly demanded Rs 4000 from the sarpanch of Balisankara panchayat for processing documents
relating to construction work.
He was trapped yesterday while accepting first instalment of Rs 500 from the sarpanch and was arrested.
The money was seized from his possession and forwarded
to a vigilance court at Sambalpur today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog