Panigrahi panel begins hearing on Kandhamal riots
Bhubaneswar: The Judicial Commission
headed by Basudev Panigrahi, probing into the Kandhamal
communal riot in 2007, today commenced its five-day hearing at
Balliguda which is scheduled to continue till August 6.
About 32 witnesses were scheduled to record their
statements before the commission during the period while
nine deponents had been examined on first day, said J.C.Dash,
government counsel to the commission.
The commission has received 488 affidavits relating to
Kandhmal riots-2007 and already 180 among them have been
In many cases the response of the deponents were,
however, not encouraging as many of them did not attend the
commission despite of repeated approaches, Dash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video